New photos in the recipe…
Scotch pancakes are the favorite pancakes of my children. They are very tasty and low-fat, look lush and beautiful. Pancakes are served warm with honey, berries, nuts, whipped cream, chocolate and all that you love.
I bake scotch pancakes as with wheat flour as with gluten free flour. The pictures shown gluten free pancakes.
Scotch pancakes came out very lush due to a very thick batter. It falls from the spoon into the pan and don’t spread out.
Scotch pancakes recipe
- 220 g self-raising wheat flour or self-raising gluten free flour, instead of self-raising flour you can take an all-purpose flour and 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 8 grams of
vanilla sugaror 1 tsp of vanilla extractpack
- 1 egg
- 200 ml milk
- pinch of salt
- vegetable oil
- Mix the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Beat egg a little.
- Add egg and a little more than half of the milk to dry ingredients, mix well. I use a mixer for this. Add the remaining milk and mix well with a mixer first, then whisk until a smooth thick batter.
- Grease the pan with vegetable oil. Bake scotch pancakes on both sides until golden. Spread on a kitchen paper towel.
- Or use silicone pancakes mold.
- Serve warm pancakes with jam, honey, cream, berries, etc.
- Bon Appetite!